On an unrelated note I am 24 weeks today. Vitality Day they call it. The baby's chance of surviving if born this early goes up about 60-80% at 24 weeks. I know it is way too early to want to meet this little guy yet, but knowing that is something were to happen unexpectedly that his chances are so much higher is reassuring. The baby is about 1 1/4 pounds now and his body is around 8 1/2 inches long on average. I got a surprise call from a good friend yesterday offering to throw me/us/the baby a shower :) I am just so excited. Any reason to talk about the baby I am there.
We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him) I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...
Comments
Post a Comment