Skip to main content

Best Friends by Force

We weren't necessarily planning on having two under two initially but now that we are almost two year into it and survived the newborn stage, I can say with confidence that it is possible and we are starting to see some benefits. 
Lincoln, the two year old and my middle boy, wanted nothing to do with his baby brother Warner. He knew a baby was taking everyone's attention, including his beloved oldest brother. He admires and tries to be exactly like his older brother most of the time. Until recently the two youngest wouldn't even play together. Warner was too young to understand play. Lincoln was too busy to be bothered by a baby. When school started I was home alone with the two little boys for hours on end and they were forced to spend time digging in the sand box together, destroying each other's block fortresses, trading colds and playing tiger tag. Lincoln has been doing much more preschool with me and we always make sure to include Warner if he isn't napping. They are slowly learning to share and look out for each other. They are choosing to do similar things together. They have learned if they work together they have more power against me ha ha. 
Luckily for me, with a little time and ingenuity the two brothers have started to interact with more confidence and really love each other. They still have their moments but I think with more time they will become best friends without me forcing their hand. 

Playing at the new park in Kittitas. 

Painting on a double sided easel. Neither one likes to paint/draw/color
much but their attention spans are getting a little better every day. 

The day they gave them selves cool arm tattoos with markers.
Lincoln decided to wear arm guards over his to keep his tattoos safe. 

Warner always sleeps in his crib but lately he has become more apt to sleep
wherever he stops moving. The futon in the playroom makes a great place
 to rest for both of the boys. 

"Beautiful Hair" Bothe of them were due for a hair cut and since it was so long
they both wanted their hair to look pretty so we put it in little pony tails.
Warner couldn't stop saying beautiful. I love it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...