Skip to main content

Handy Hobbies for Mom

Besides homemaking in a luxurious manufactured home, continuing to be wife material, and child rearing three rambunctious boys to be gentlemen in tomorrow's society, there is the rare occasion I do something for me. Over the summer I started making hand-painted signs for a craft fair and *almost* started an Etsy shop. I did all the steps but never actually listed any products because the thought of someone actually wanting to buy something I made was just too scary. I didn't end up doing a craft fair or selling anything, but I did make plenty of great gifts for Christmas and birthdays and also for my own home. 
This went to my brother and sister-in-law. 

For my sister. 

I originally made this as a Christmas card holder but now use it to hold all of my long necklaces in  our bathroom. 

I kept this one for myself too ;)

Homemade laundry detergent. 
Soap On a Rope - handcrafted goats milk soap for the light hearted men in my family. 


Up above our kitchen cabinets, Sadler & Co. family name sign. 



I also picked up the camera again and took adorable pictures of my ragamuffins during the summer, our vacation, and into fall. These kids are so cute of film (I won't mention the zoo behind the lens). 

Monkeying around in Kittitas, WA.

Sandy beard in Long Beach, WA.

King of the dunes in Gearhart, OR.

Summer sun and brick walls in Ellensburg, WA. 


Family at Sunset. Olmstead State Park - WA. 




Can you see the heart, Danielle, Dylan and Lincoln. 


Because everyone has their own personality 


Comments

  1. I love all of the pictures! You are so talented, but it helps that your kids are adorable, too! :) Why didn't you open an etsy shop??!!! I think you totally should! I love the sign you gave me and all of your stuff is so cute! It's pretty easy to promote stuff on Instagram now a days, so I think you should go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shani,
    Those crafts are awesome!! I love them and people would definitely pay for them! I want one, or two, or three!! Love the pics too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...