When I go on vacation I think of taking a break from my job of household maintenance and cooking. Maybe read a book, lounge at the pool, or try something new. When Shane is on vacation he gets excited about changing spark plugs and watching hunting shows. Just goes to prove that two people can be so opposite yet make this little thing called marriage work. We are getting revved up for the Ellensburg Fair and Rodeo this weekend with some friends and family coming over. Pictures to soon follow.
We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him) I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...
Comments
Post a Comment