Skip to main content

Week 13


Today is the start of week 13 of this pregnancy, maybe this week I'll get my so called energy back. I went to my MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) meeting today and got to show off my "baby bump" for the first time. So exciting!! I love going there because it's a fun time with other moms playing games, doing crafts and eating goodies. As a leader we were supposed to bake goodies to put in a basket for all the child care workers and I have been so lazy lately that making brownies was the best I could offer. This weekend I will be getting some more baking supplies and actually making it feel a little bit more Christmassy around here. Tomorrow I will also be finishing up the rest of our Christmas shopping. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. Grandpa Poppy sent up a gift card for the kids and we decided to just pick out presents for Dylan rather than letting him so he'll have more to open on Christmas day. (thanks everyone who has sent the kids gifts so far too, we'll make sure they get thanks-yous out early :)
I also realized that I have been taking all of these pictures from my so called bad side so I might have to change up my formatting. At 13 weeks the baby is over 2 inches long (on one website it said the baby could be anywhere from 2-4 inches long) and almost a full ounce (.91 oz) The baby is the size of a Peach! All this talk of fruit is making me hungry.

Comments

  1. You don't have a bad side honey. You are beautiful everywhere--even the baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I can't wait to see you in person next Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, I know your bump is bigger by now. You are so very darling, and I'm very excited for you. Let me know if there is anything we can do for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...