Skip to main content

Catchin' Up on April










































I have been doing some sewing here and there and Dylan asked if he could learn how to use the sewing machine. He decided to make a little cuddle blanket for his little brother so he used the machine for most of it and then I taught him how to sew by hand as well. He did great, stayed focused and didn't even poke himself :)
Dylan has been working hard at his "homeschool" and made it through two giant work books (one he got on his birthday, March 8th, so he's been working quick) and they came with certificates of completion. He is very proud to be able to count to 50 and to 100 with my help. He is also working on understanding money, time and the vowels in the alphabet.
Danielle really, really, really wanted to dye her hair red for Prom (and for however long it takes to grow out) so with the help of some of her babysitting money, money from her dad and me, and mainly money from her grandma and great-aunt she was able to get exactly the hair she has been dying for. Pictures from prom will be taken on Saturday and I will get those on here as soon as possible.
Me at 30 weeks today! Yikes, 10 to go I can hardly believe it. Baby boy is around 3 pounds now and growing daily. Shane suggested a name last night that I actually liked and didn't associate with anyone else and hopefully more talk on that tonight. One of these days he will have a name, whether or not it comes to the hospital is debatable. We have a child birth refresher class on Saturday at the hospital which I am actually looking forward to and then a fun weekend after that.

Comments

  1. Good pun--the color she was "dying" for:)You are such a good mom--I'm so proud of you,
    Love,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...