Skip to main content

Blending In, Lazy Fall Days and a Birthday Too



 I have a picture of Dylan taking a nap in Daddy's camouflage a year or two ago. This year I thought it would be fun to get one of Lincoln in the same pile of clothes. I love how all three of these were taken within a few seconds of each other but his facial expressions are so different.
 Today when Dylan got home from school he was grumpy and said he didn't feel too well so he zonked out for a nap on the couch while I also got Lincoln down for a nap too. Danielle stayed after school for some help so I actually got part of dinner ready and cleaned out the dish washer. Of course I didn't get to finish this before the little one woke up, but hey I had a small moment of silence complete with a picture of a one handed baby and a little boy turning into a little man with a little smear of pink frosting on his cheek from a girls' birthday party at kindergarten.

Danielle is 17 today! I can hardly believe it. This picture was taken a week or two ago by Danielle's friend for her photography class. Danielle had fun being a model and also trashing the dress that they picked up at Goodwill. In this picture she looks so grown up and it makes me realize that we only technically have one more year of her being a "kid." Luckily as she put it the other day, she's very young at heart :)

Comments

  1. Your family is just growing up way too fast. Lincoln...love the pics. Dyl, so cute and innocent. Dani, so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they are growing up so fast!!! Danielle definitely looks older in this picture! Your children are so precious. I appreciate these pictures so I can feel like I'm there with them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...