Skip to main content

Phone Call

Well it happened sooner than I thought. It was only a month in to his Kindergarten year and I got my first call from Dylan's school. Oh no. Was he sick? Did he get in a fight and get sent to the principal's office? What sort of emergency happened to make them call me? All these questions were running through my mind as I said hello.
It was the school counselor calling. She told me about how some of the boys from both kindergarten classes were having difficulty showing proper behavior out at the playground. I knew Dylan played a little rough with his friends but I never imagined that he would have to get a special "class" teaching him to get along with others. Anyway the counselor went on to explain that Dylan's teacher recommended him as a role model of good behavior for the special playground class. Wow. Here I thought she was telling me that Dylan had social problems but it was actually the opposite. I could be more proud that he exhibits friendly, kind behavior even when I am not there to remind him.

Comments

  1. Wow!!! What a great call to receive!

    Makes me VERY proud of that young man (and you too). Well done Shani & Shane!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may sound stupid, but this made me cry. You have done such a wonderful job raising Dylan and I am just so proud of both of you. He really is an amazing little five-year-old! I love him so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Dylan I am so proud of him! You are doing a great job raising him and I'm so proud of you too. When I met Dylan's teacher on Monday she called him a "superstar"and said he was well liked by the other students--he was so kind. My heart is bursting:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...