Skip to main content

College and Beyond

Earlier this week I registered for my final quarter at the community college before I get my AA degree (associates of arts? A two year degree) and I just wanted to thank all of the people who have helped me get where I am now over the course of almost what, ten years. Thank you to my mom and dad who helped me succeed through high school to get into all of the colleges I applied to. Thank you for paying my tuition for Western Washington University and for the outrageous prices for room and board and for being involved there. Also a big thank you to them when they still supported me as I became a mom at a young age and still had faith in me that I could become whatever I wanted to be. Thank you to Uncle Steve and Aunt Judy who paid for my first quarter at community college while I was pregnant. Thank you to my bother and sister who helped me while I was grumpy and turned into a sumo wrestler of a girl. Thanks again to my parents who watched Dylan while I took night classes and online classes and moved me from apartment to apartment. A final thank you now to Shane for nudging me to get back on it and make all the effort pay off in the end.
I applied for graduation a few weeks ago (you have to do it really early apparently) and as long as I finish up in June with the proper grades, I will have a little piece of paper to show for all of my hours and the help of so many friends and family. At least when I enter the "official" work force again I will have a little leg up in the competition.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, We love you so much and have always believed in you! You are an amazing young woman and I love having you as my daughter and friend:)Keep it up; you're almost finished! Love Momma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...