Skip to main content

Happy Halloween!

Pumpkin Patch with the two little boys.

Dylan and Lincoln and their pumpkins and spider and bat candy container.

Warning on our front door.

Scotch Tape spider webs (hexagon shape getting bigger and bigger)

Plastic bag ghosts and construction paper bats.

Football (brown onesie and scotch tape)

Warner's First Halloween, check out that drool drip!

All smiles

Monster Eye Balls (garlic toast with waterbottle lid dipped in blue food coloring)

Frankenstein Soup 
1 lb. Split Peas
2 Carrots
Small Onion
2 Cloves Garlic finely chopped
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Spinach
1/2 Tsp. Seasoning Salt
1 Tsp. Italian Seasoning
8 Cups Water

In a large soup pot on medium heat add oil and heat. Add carrots, onion and garlic and sweat them for about 5-10 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Turn down to low and simmer for at least 40 minutes. (I started this during nap time and just kept on low until we were ready for dinner.

Frankenstein Soup and Monster Faces (complete with a watermelon mouth)

Moms can have fun! Dylan wanted me to have a third eye.

Dylan enjoying his horrific dinner. 

Comments

  1. LOLO...loved the horrific meal creativity and Warner's smiley pumpkin faces!

    Dadda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warner is so cute in his little pumpkin outfit! :) I love the horrific dinner also! So stealing this when my kids are older! I am so glad that you had kids first, so I can steal all your good ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...