Skip to main content

To Infinity and Beyond

Well beyond five years that is. February 22 marks our first date and somehow Shane even remembered that. Since I feel like a crumb-bum of a wife lately I set up a special little thing to show him how much these last five years have actually meant to me. (I get that it isn't our wedding anniversary but any day can be special so I wanted to make this special too) I wrote him a little love letter and put out five things that are meaningful in our relationship together, quite the mishmash if you ask me, but it works. In no particular order:
1. Motley Crue - We we to our first concert together over the summer to see Shane's favorite band and I got to get my 80's on while he got to relive the glory days.
2. The Spiderwick Chronicles - We went to see this movie with our nephews for our first official date. I think it's sweet that now the boys watch it all the time.
3. Coffee - We have shared many conversations, hours, and events all while drinking coffee. We both love it and if one of us can manage to get a pot on in the morning, the day is going to be ok.
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies - I  really don't remember having these growing up, but since I got married Shane and Danielle have both requested them and they are now my favorite. I can make a batch from memory but have to hide them in the freezer for fear of the family eating an entire batch in one day.
5. Big Life Events - We have been through a lot together, I mean a lot of possibly life changing events in the last five years and we've come out stronger. Three of the biggest, both babies being born and Danielle graduating high school.

Comments

  1. Pretty awesome! Love to hear how well you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of space .
    Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site.
    Reading this info So i am happy to express that I have a very excellent uncanny feeling I came upon
    exactly what I needed. I most surely will make certain to don?
    t fail to remember this site and give it a look on a continuing basis.


    Also visit my webpage übersetzungsbüro hannover ()

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...