Yesterday Dylan was playing with his buddies outside and fell down and skinned his knee. He came in to get some bandaids and some cuddles and to have dinner before winding down for bed time a while later. He really doesn't like to see himself bleeding. We did the usual night things and finished reading his first chapter book (without pictures on every other page, 200+ pages!). After I tucked him in and said our prayers he looked at me and said: "You know Mom, some kids don't even have legs. I'm pretty lucky." It almost made me cry.
We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him) I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...
Wow! He's fortunate and blessed to have a mom and dad who care about those kind of things!!
ReplyDeleteWow, this just makes me love him even more (if that's possible?). =]
ReplyDeleteThis is the sweetest thing! Dylan sure has a tender heart<3
ReplyDelete