Yes, I've had a baby before, and yes, this is my third child to take care of... but boy you kind of forget what having a newborn is like. First having a boy we really underestimated how much he will go to the bathroom. Diaper on or diaper off. The other day he peed in his diaper, on the changing table, on the carpet, on the wall, on our bed and then leaked through his diaper when we put him in his bed... all in one changing. If I hadn't seen it myself I wouldn't have believed that much could have come out of him! We also learned a lesson yesterday trying to make an errand run to Yakima. Don't take a newborn out all day when it is 103 degrees outside. No one is happy. But he made it through and is napping in his own bed as we speak so I don't think it scarred him too much.
We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him) I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...
haha he must have a big bladder to be able to hold all of that pee!
ReplyDeleteToo much skin on that picture....and I'm not talking Lincolns! Haha.
ReplyDeleteI tried to crop as much as I could! haha
ReplyDelete