Skip to main content

Valentine's Day and Swimming with my Tadpoles and other Randoms

 A little fuzzy but here is Lincoln getting ready to show you how he can put food into his own mouth. Yes he's still learning but he's not as lazy as I made him seem before :) (and yes another set of high chair pictures, it's one of the only places I can keep this busy baby still!)
 Using two hands and trying to will his little snack into his mouth
 Ah ha I got it!
 Swimming at the city pool. Dylan, his friend and our neighbor Ricky, Danielle and Lincoln. He didn't really enjoy "swimming" but I set him on that little step there and he just sat and played with a boat for like 20 minutes, pretty exciting. and yes, mommy put on a swim suit for the first time since having baby too.
 My set up for Valentine's day, what a nerd right? Candy and useful things...
 Cookies with homemade buttercream frosting. Some examples for the kids.
 Dylan deciding what he wanted to do...
 Then eating his creativity, yum! You can't tell but that is a heart cookie with a "D" on the top. I won't try it again since the bottom got well done before the top cooked, but I thought it would be cute for the older kids. Danielle didn't ice hers yet because she had a last minute babysitting job on Valentine's night for some friends from our church.

Comments

  1. Lincoln looks so much like you did when you were little in the third picture from the top! The kids are all growing up so fast and are so cute. I miss you! It looks like you guys had an awesome Valentine's Day! I hope the kids got their cards from us yesterday...if not, then they should be there today! =] xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. They got them and were pretty excited, mail doesn't come addressed to them often...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good observation Jax....that third pic does rem,ind me of one of Shani's pictures. I'm sorry I didn't do my duty and get some cards out to the kids...
    :^(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...