Dylan was doing computer games yesterday (a new website called reading eggs which we get a free 5 month subscription and it's all reading and literacy games... well most of it!) and somehow these pictures popped up. Dylan took these himself with the timer on the photobooth option on our Mac laptop last summer. He saw them and replied "Those were from when I was being a role model." He meant model but it just cracks me up that he said role model. Hopefully not too many of his friends want to act like this.
We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him) I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...



Comments
Post a Comment