Skip to main content

Cutest Kids in the West

I was reading a book the other day and one of the quotes that jumped out at me was something along the lines of "Be the Steve Jobs of mothering." I was to leave a legacy and have people talking about how great I am... ok that came out a little wrong but it is good for the mind and soul to realize how great you actually are, even in the midst of feeling like you need to flop on the couch and scream (I'm not saying that necessarily happened yesterday around 6:30pm). So let me brag about my adorable children for just one (more) moment.
Even though there is a five year gap between them, my boys... that are actually out in this world as we speak... for the most part love each other and can be best buddies. Such characters!
I think if Linc wasn't eating a pretzel we might have had a better smile. 

The smile and the scowl, that about sums them up.

Just your typical Tuesday morning before school.
And Danielle, holy cow have you seen this girl? She's only got 25 full days of school left as a senior and she will be graduated! Yikes, where has the time gone. Now don't get all crazy and print or post this picture because I will be sending it out with her graduation announcements in the mail hopefully by early next week. June 11th is going to be a tough day. My oh my I can barely wrap my head around the fact that once she's out of school she will be more of an adult than ever.

Comments

  1. I love your kids. :) Danielle looks SO stinking gorgeous in her senior picture. Can't wait to have a hardcopy of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...