So I've been baking more since my freezer is still pretty full of freezer meals and we have completely fallen in love with this chocolate chip zucchini muffin recipe. The are so yummy, somewhat healthier than the no-bakes that I've also been making and they stay good until the last one is gobbled up (which isn't that long around here.) I've probably made four dozen since I found the recipe online and frozen about a dozen to have on hand after this baby comes. Will he ever come? Hopefully soon but until then I have these great muffins. If you make them, you will thank me.
We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him) I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...
Comments
Post a Comment