Skip to main content

Staying Afloat

Wowzers. Having four kids really is a change. Maybe I will get used to it soon, but for now it is very umm... jam packed with excitement (falling out of cribs, sleeping through school bus pick up, crying during dinner etc), changes (of diapers mainly) and growth. Shane went back to work late last week so that sort of threw a wrench in the some what stable routine we started after the baby was born, but I know that now I just have to build a new normal routine. Danielle has 8 days of school left. Dylan has 15. Again our days are going to change so I am trying to get some things in order before pandemonium becomes the new norm. Warner is starting to be awake more often and Lincoln likes him well enough... I'm just struggling to find the balance of nursing, playing, cleaning, discipline and sleep. It has only been three weeks so I'm not worried I won't get it figured out, I'm just trying to stay afloat in the meantime. Thank God my kids are so stinking adorable because I'm pretty sure I hissed at Dylan this morning when he was whining about being so tired for school. So let's see, what have we been up to since I blogged last...
Lincoln figured out how to climb out of his crib and we tried to fight it for a week or two but when he actually fell out we took down the front rail and he is officially in a toddler bed. He thinks it is so cool. The first few time he snuck out and then closed the bed room door, probably to try to hide it from us. Now he just peeks out the crack and then slowly comes out and climbs on Daddy's lap for a late night cuddle (who's the softie?). One of these days I imagine he will stay where we put him, but just not yet. Joy.
Trying to get him excited about his big boy bed


Yess! Asleep on the first try for nap time... not so successful at night time.
Memorial Day Weekend - We pretty much hung out at the house. We did get pizza and found $1 smoothies from Burger King, a royal treat. We did walk to a store in town and I got my first sip of wine since last summer. We had a bon fire in the fire pit I built at least two summers ago and had yet to actually use it. We played out back for hours enjoying the wind free day (which is really a rare treat in Ellensburg in the Spring). I stayed in my pjs all day on Sunday. Or was it Monday. We watched a lot of movies including Wild Hogs, twice.
Super Dad, able to hold a sleeping baby and toddler just out of the bath.

Back yard baseball. 

We have fire!

Hanging out on the plastic furniture.

Dylan doing a baseball pose.



Looking for rollie pollies - pill bugs - potato bugs.

Little man.

Shane tells me my eyes aren't this dark in real life, thanks babe!

Cool dude, minus the pacs.


Warner trying to keep up with the big bros. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...