I am so thankful that we live on the West Coast. Well I would probably wither in all the hustle and bustle and go go go that is New York or the surrounding areas but mainly right at this moment because here we are safe in our warm little home, not trying to recover from hurricane Sandy. Last night we were watching a celebrity telethon thing to raise money for the Red Cross to help with relief efforts and Shane and I looked at each other and said "What if that were us?" and helped in a small way with a tiny donation. It won't go far but at least it is something.
We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him) I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...
Comments
Post a Comment