Skip to main content

Goodbye October, Hello November







Oh man October has just flown by! We've had a busy, busy month but as I like to say "Hello chaos, my name is Shannon." Let's see. We had Danielle's 16th Birthday on October 11th! We were able to get a few of the family together for a party including Aunt Megan, Uncle Coby, Grandpa Larry and Grandma Shirley. Danielle didn't get the car she was hoping for, but we all had fun together.Shane's birthday was October 24th and we are so happy to have him around. He got to pick out his presents back during the summer at his favorite store Cabela's. Apparently you never can have enough camouflage. :)
On the 30th of October Dylan and I and about 10 other kids with MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) went to two different assisted living facilities in town in costume to pass out cards that the kids had made and to just spend time with the folks in those homes. Kids are never too young to start learning about community service.
Then of course, October 31st was Halloween! Dylan has know he wanted to be the Ninja Turtle Raphael for quite some time but at the last minute we pulled together Danielle's costume as an 80's Girl. Luckily we didn't have any rain for halloween, but it was pretty cold and windy. It amazes me that a 4 year-old can remember to say "trick-or-treat" at every house to get candy, but can't remember to say thank you after receiving said candy. He finally got the hang of it right at the end, maybe it will go over better next year!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...