Skip to main content

'Tis the season

Thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away! Holy moly that is going to sneak up on me faster than I think. This year I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner here with my family and my mom and my dad and his girlfriend. Josh is out of the country for the holidays :( Jackie is working that day so we won't have her around either. Usually Shane goes over to his parents house for dinner so hopefully they don't miss him too much. Christmas Time is just around the corner and I am so excited! I just love love trying to find the perfect present for someone (although our gift giving circle is slowly growing, we are cutting down) namely the kiddos. Shane is easy because all he wants is hunting stuff and he just picks that out of a catalogue. Dylan is still pretty easy because he loves toys and boy things. Star Wars, Transformers, weapons/hunting and computer games. And then comes Danielle. She is 16 and just had a birthday in October. Yikes. Luckily gift cards go a long way for a girl her age. I've got some tricks up my sleeve and I know we are going to have a great time, but I have a feeling November is just going to go by way too fast.

For the record here are all of our sizes.
Shane - Shirt L - Shoes 10 - Pants 34/32
ME - Shirt M/L - Shoes 7.5 - Pants 10
Danielle - Shirt XS - Shoes 6 - Pants 0
Dylan - Shirt 5T - Shoes kids 12 - Pants 5T


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...