Well I've been trying to keep posting but all of the kids have been going through sickness, with Linc now on a nebulizer times have been busy as usual. Lincoln is also pulling himself into a standing position now (in the last two days, crazy) so I'm running around after him. This was my last submission for my photography class, I figured I could at least share something with you this week. Hopefully more pictures before Mother's Day, otherwise pictures from then coming soon!\
We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him) I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...
Ooooo, nicely done!
ReplyDeleteOne trick to do when photographing backlighted subjects, keeping them natural with no flash, is to put some aluminum foil on something flat, put that behind where you are stationed with the camera and reflect some light back onto the subject from the window or light source behind the subject....it would just shed a little bit of light on the front side of the subject...
yeah the interesting part of the class is getting critiqued by your classmates so I've come up with so good ideas for the next one (due tomorrow, yikes!)
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome Shani! Great pic.... and it looks so yummmmyyy! =]
ReplyDelete