Skip to main content

Getting Through to the End

We've had quite the unusual schedule lately but things are starting to go back to normal now. I'm at 37 weeks now so we are getting down to the wire to meet this little guy and luckily we are pretty much ready for him. There are things I want to do outside, but bending over is getting harder and harder for me. I also just looked at the forecast for the weekend and it says that Saturday is going to be around 78degrees around here! Combine that with the hot pregnant woman syndrome I am experiencing and that might be a bad combination... but I am looking forward to a nice family BBQ at the least. Shane has to fit in 40 hrs of work before he can take FMLA time off so I have to keep the baby in until at least next Tuesday. I'm still in no hurry to get him out, but it's becoming more and more a reality that he will be here in no time. 
Life around here has been busy so I thought I'd let you in on what we did lately without much more time. 

The boys had pretty similar jammie pants so of course they wanted to match. Here's a pic of them having  a little basketball time before bed. 

I also had to make Dylan a new big bro shirt since the last one I made fell apart. Luckily this one looks so similar to the one we bought at Goodwill for Linc (center) and I even made one for Warner. I still can't believe there will be three boys here soon!



I also tried out this recipe for Baked Scallops for dinner last night after I found some on clearance at Fred Meyer yesterday and made these Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins to have for snacks. I think I'll take a day off today.

Comments

  1. Those shirts are too cute (as are your boys!)! You should do a little "photoshoot" with them when Warner is here! Can't want to come visit you guys once he gets here.... I'm not sure where Luke and I will sleep now though haha, we'll figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lincoln was such a tease with that ball. Those boys are gonna be hot stuff as they get older. You're gonna have to bat all the girls away!

    And I agree with Jax.... the shirts are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Lincoln sink a basket hundreds of times. So funny that he won't do it with the camera rolling:) Love the shirts Shani.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...