Dylan has been cracking me up lately. He is so smart and is learning so much it amazes me, but then he will have moments where he doesn't even realize he's wrong but I love it. The other day he was using a flash light looking under a table yelling "We're investing. We're investing!" I do believe he meant investigating. You know, like a detective. Then today we were putting on a movie (both the younger boys had doctor appointments and we had assessors at our house today so I am wiped from cleaning and cuddling after Warner's shots and need some lazy boys) and all the sudden after reading the screen Dylan says "Francis? We can watch this in Francis!" I'm not sure what he thought Francis means... but I know he was reading the language selection screen and read français. What a goof ball.
We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him) I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...
Comments
Post a Comment