Normally I feel like a slave to the kitchen so it warmed my heart yesterday when I turned around and saw this without any prodding. I don't really like the little one "helping" me with the dishes because he will usually end up pulling out dirty utensils (which he did with a steak knife right after this was taken) but it was so cute to watch and hear Dylan telling Lincoln how to do things :)
We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him) I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...
Dylan is sure growing up!
ReplyDeleteI know, he's getting all tall and lanky. Definitely harder to cuddle him!
ReplyDeleteDylan is sure a good role model! Your story telling is so funny Shani.
ReplyDelete