I just can't believe how quickly babies grow up. Just last month Warner was a little scrawny thing without any chub rolls, he couldn't smile or interact and didn't really have a rhyme or reason for scheduling. Now he is starting to get those extra rolls in his arms, he smiles at people and tries to grab things and he pretty much set his own bed time. At his doctor appointment yesterday he was up to 11 lb 13 oz. and 21 1/4 inches. What a stud.
We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him) I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...
Another awesome little Sadler!!
ReplyDeleteHe's changing so fast. I love how he points with his big toe:)
ReplyDelete