Skip to main content

Quality One-On-One

Well almost. I always have the baby with us, but I've been trying to be a little more intentional with how I give each boy attention. Dylan is my sensitive one. He likes the build up of us going out on a date, just the two of us together. Last year we went to a basketball game at the high school and it was pretty fun to hear him talk about it the day before and even during. Lincoln is in the "look at me, watch me," phase so just giving him my attention and time means more to him than taking him anywhere. I realized that after I thought it would be so cute to go to a coffee shop and sit for a little date. He had his chocolate milk and I even found a cool toy and figured I would have at least a few minutes to sit and talk about our day while I tried to feed the baby and take a break from errands. Unfortunately he had other ideas and ended up trying to share a couch with a college student working on his computer, check out all the different table and finally go in the corner and try to poop. Ah this is my life. So I cut it short and we left and I realized that just wasn't his style.

Lincoln sitting still for all of two minutes. 

The next time I took him out on his bike. I dragged him all the way down our long gravel driveway while pushing the stroller and he rode about three feet and then announced "All done" and hopped off the bike, running to grab his tricycle since he hasn't figured out pedaling yet. Dragging the bike back up to the door I got the tricycle and we tried it again. We went up and down the street. We found a praying mantis and watched that for a while. We picked up big rocks and tossed them. We petted the neighbor's cat. We just got to hang out. He loved it. 
Pure bug joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...