Skip to main content

What We Are Eating In March

Ah the Month of March is definitely upon us. With baby stuff and birthdays and more, I didn't even realize that this weekend is daylight savings time change whatcha' ma call it. Luckily I had a month of meals planned out so I know what we are eating and when. It make it easier to shop less often and I usually don't forget to defrost something. Plus I can make sure there is some variety in our diets too. When I see it written out it's hard to believe I have all that in our house, plus more than 30 freezer meals I've made so far. I am so thankful we have a huge chest freezer too. There is some room for leftovers (although I usually plan to eat those for lunch since I am home) or a random change in plans.
*On another note just for your information where ever ground beef or sausage normally would be, I am using elk burger or elk sausage from our freezer, it's an acquired taste but you get used to it*

First shorts of Spring, there is no shortage of food in this tummy.
Thursday, March 1st: Tacos
Friday 2: Salmon, spinach salad
Saturday 3: BBQ Steaks, Potato Skins, spinach salad
Sunday 4: Moroccan Beef Stew served over garlic mashed potatoes (adapted from this recipe)
Monday 5: Chicken and Dumplings (made with this bisquick substitute)
Tuesday 6: Stretched Meatloaf with tater tots
Wednesday 7: Pizza from Papa Murphy's
Thursday 8: Tacos with homemade refried beans
Friday 9: Dylan's Friend Birthday Party - Hot dogs, chips, fruit salad
Saturday 10: Hamburgers
Sunday 11: Chicken Curry with rice and steamed carrots
Monday 12: Baked Mac and Cheese (with cauliflower experiment hidden inside)
Tuesday 13: Spaghetti and elk meatballs, spinach, homemade bread sticks
Wednesday 14: Baked Fish, rice pilaf, green beans
Thursday 15: Chicken Divan (tripled - one for us, for freezer and for another family) white rice, salad
Friday 16: B4D or Breakfast for dinner, probably breakfast burritos or waffles
Saturday 17: Beef Roast with carrots and potatoes, homemade bread
Sunday 18: Stir Fry with leftover beef from Saturday, brown rice
Monday - Friday: Visiting family out of town unless we get home Friday night and we will probably grab something out
Saturday 25: Chicken Tortilla Soup
Sunday 26: Biscuits and Sausage Gravy, fruit
Monday 27: Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, steamed veggies
Tuesday 28: Tacos
Wednesday 29: Elk Roast with carrots and potatoes
Thursday 30: Make Your Own Pizza
Friday 31: Open

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...