Skip to main content

My Latest Obsession

So the Sherwin Williams website is pretty great. We are in the process of deciding on a paint color for our sprawling palace and figured out the store we are going to buy from (Columbia Paint in Eburg) where I am now officially a preferred customer and will get special deals *Shhh there is a 40% off sale the weekend of my birthday* and what finish the paint is going to be in, now we just have to pick a color. Shane said I could pick the color but after showing him a few of my beginning ideas I am realizing that I can pick the color as long as it isn't x y or z. ha ha I love having to work together to figure these things out. Anyway back to the Sherwin Williams website. They have this awesome thing called a "color visualizer" and you can upload a picture of your house and then they show you what your house would look like in that color.

Here are pictures of our house currently:


 And here are the six (6!) colors I really like. I'm obviously going to have to still sit down with Shane and decide, but he thinks I'm overanalyzing it. I just want to pick a color I love since I'm going to have to live with it and I want it to be pretty too. The trim we are keeping white or something light and the accent color is on the railings, small wooden fence, and the peak right over the front door.

House: Artichoke, Trim: Creamy, Accent: Secret Garden



House: Clary Sage, Trim: Toque White, Accent: Oakmoss 



House: Cityscape, Trim: Toque White, Accent: Granite Peak




House: Outerbanks, Trim: Creamy, Accent: Olive Grove 



House: Porpoise, Trim: Toque White, Accent: Iron Gate



House: Spalding Gray, Trim: Toque White, Accent: Turkish Coffee



So that's what I've been doing for the last I don't know how long. I know the pictures aren't going to be what it actually looks like but it sure makes it easier to imagine. Thoughts, Ideas and Comments greatly appreciated.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...