Skip to main content

Instincts are Taking Over

As nutty as it is making me, I am thankful for my nesting instincts... otherwise I don't think much would be getting done around here. I'm feeling a little like a cold is coming on (could also just be my body reacting to waking up at 3am twice this week and the inability to not go back to sleep) and Lincoln has been sneezing like a maniac so we decided to stay home from church today and actually take a day of rests and naps. In my head all I want to do is finish making all of the freezer meals I have written down on a list but I have decided for the sake of my aching back and feet, two days of it is enough so far. I will continue to double (or triple) meals in the next two weeks that will freeze well, but I have a good stockpile so far. Freezer cooking post to come in the next few weeks. Luckily cleaning the house has pretty much been taken care of although there are a few pesky spots behind closed doors that are nagging me (the coat closet and under the kitchen sink come to mind) so maybe those will be taken care of soon.
We had a couple of doctor appointments in the last week and everyone is doing really well. Baby Warner is growing well and I am up 18 lbs overall. Most women are supposed to gain 25-30 lbs during their pregnancy so it looks like I'm doing the right thing. With Dylan I gained almost 50 and with Lincoln only 15 so I guess it doesn't really matter that much in the end anyway. Lincoln also had a doctor appointment to check on his weight gain. From one year to his one and a half year check up he hadn't gained any weight (although he was growing taller and eating fine). He also had some poop issues so we wanted to see if him drinking more milk and water helped too. So at his doctor's recommendation we cut out most of the fruit juice he was drinking all day long and he gained almost 2 pounds in a month.  Shane also got tested for celiacs because he's had stomach issues all his life he can remember but thankfully it came back negative so we don't think Lincoln has it either.

Comments

  1. You know, when you had Dylan, you were still very young and your body was developing, so it's natural that you gained more with him. Glad to know Linc and Shane are ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...