I think we are in a season of growing right now. Dylan has been sleeping in a lot which past 7:30 is late for him and it's already 9 today, slept in until 10:45 yesterday! I think he must be growing or something, no other real explanation for it. He went to bed about 7:30 pm last night so I know he's not staying up too crazy late. He did have a loooog week/weekend spending time at Grandma Cheryl's then the New Years Eve party and then staying over at the cousins house in Cle Elum so maybe his body is just trying to play catch up. Either way I guess I have to look at this sleeping in as a blessing that I can take it a little easier in the mornings. Also speaking of growing I think I am going to have to retire my first pair of maternity jeans already. The elastic wasn't too stretchy from the beginning but now it is starting to cut into my gut making them uncomfortable to wear for more than an hour, which isn't cutting it. But luckily that means that the baby is growing rapidly. Tomorrow I will be 14 weeks! Almost unbelievable really. According the the bump.com the baby is the size of a lemon now. I went in to the grocery store to look at a big lemon the other day. I almost cried just holding it. The people who work there probably think I am crazy. So at about 3.4 inches and 1.5 ounces this little baby can wiggle his or her toes and suck their thumb. Sometime soon I should also start to be able to feel the baby moving around in there. The miracle of life is so amazing!!
We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him) I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...
Comments
Post a Comment