Skip to main content

Far from Farmer Girl

This weekend we bought the usual groceries and now the usual chicken feed, and while we were at the store I bought a new weeding hoe for the garden. This year we are slowly buying tools we will need for the larger and more unforgiving property slowly as we don’t have a big chunk of change to spend willy-nilly like we did last year when we sold the house and were remodeling. Each little purchase has to be determined if it is going to be worth it to make our lives easier or more enjoyable rather than a spur of the moment “throw it in” kind of attitude. My 9 year old and I took a silly photo  shoot and he thought they turned out dope so I just have to share.



We also had the usual Ellensburg wind blowing so I’ve got some exceptional JLo hair going on in these photos as well.

Other than the plethora of tools Shane already had, some of the tools we have slowly added to our homestead in the recent year, or hope to add include:

Tractor with attachments
Extendable tree trimmer and saw
Muck boots (the boys currently have Bogs and they are great!)
Insulated and uninsulated work gloves
Garden hoe
Bulb planter
Row hoop
Two-wheeled wheelbarrow
Rake
Snow shovel
Trowels
Pointed shovel
New frost-free spigots
Galvanized garbage cans
Small animal carrier
Tin snips
Cordless electric drill
16’ adjustable ladder
Cordless leaf blower

And many many more. Having the right tool makes the job so much easier! Until then we will be making do and promise to keep trying new things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...