Skip to main content

Homebody vs. Busybody

While I throughly enjoy being out in town running errands and being around people I think I have discovered again what my parents knew when I was little, I'm sort of a homebody. I am relaxed and my most comfortable at home. I think that Dylan is the same way. He loves going to school, playing with his friends outside and doing things, but he seems most him self at home. When he was little I could put on the movie Cars and he would sit through the whole thing time and time again. He likes to hang out. Lincoln, on the other hand, is more of what I would call a busybody. I'm not sure if that's the best term for it, but that's the one I could think of. Yes, he is a toddler, I get that, but I can definitely tell that his personality is different from Dylan's. Walking to go get the mail is exciting for him rather than a task he has to accomplish to get to what he actually wants to do. He is just barely entertained by tv or movies but has a special place in his heart for all things PBS kids (think Elmo, Curious George, Clifford etc.). He moves from one activity to another and boy can he sure wear this momma out. The funny thing is that although I haven't met our newest addition yet, he reminds me a lot of Dylan when I was pregnant with him. Other than the length of morning sickness, everything seems really similar. I don't know if that will change once he is born, but having another mini me wouldn't be too bad :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...