Skip to main content

No Sew T-Shirt Headbands

Lincoln didn't want to be part of this situation.
Ugh I have been growing out my bangs for all of Warner's life and they are killing me. Lucking the high ballerina bun trend has assisted in me getting them out of my face but I was ready for a change. Insert the amazing headband idea here. Seriously, what could be easier. I had planned to sew them and even found great idea on Pinterest... but getting the sewing machine out with the boys awake and trying to keep them off of it just didn't sound fun at all. So what did I do? Pull out the trusty glue gun. Yup, I made two head bands with a few scraps of old shirts, a button and a glue gun. Plus I had a few rosettes left from the crafty wreath earlier this month. They are almost even cute enough to give away as a crafty Christmas gift. Except I don't have anything like it and want to keep them for myself!

  •  First you measure your head or figure out how much fabric it will take to wrap around your head snugly. Also when you stretch the material, it will naturally curl in a little so make sure that side is outward so it can curl a little around your head rather than underneath and be a constant pain. 
  • Then I put it on my head and figured out where I wanted the doodad to go on the band and made a little mark. I glued that part on first. 
  • After a minute to let it set up I overlapped the ends and added a small strip of glue to whatever side would end up on the inside. Press the two sides together and smooth out. And that's it. You are done. 

Glitter spray paint: a cheap way to jazz up anything.

I also used glitter spray paint on the rosette to give it a little sparkle. Hey I have three boys, I need a little girly in my life!

Now he's in the headband bandwagon.

Two models, obviously!

Comments

  1. Haha...cute. But Linc will HATE that picture when he's grown. Be sure to save it for high school!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...