Skip to main content

Warner Month Seven

Seven months. Seven Months! My baby is seven months old. That is more than half a year. Where is the time going? I'm not sure but being grouchy or wishing I had more sleep isn't the answer so I'm working hard this month on being intentional with my time with each boy, being playful and being generous to the people around us. 
Warner is such a delightful baby. He is easy going (except when someone else is holding him and I come in the room) and likes to see and do what his brothers are doing. He is smiley and cuddly. He is also teething so that makes for fun when he thinks I am a teether while he is eating. He screams, but he thinks it is for fun. He is just learning the "if I drop it, Mommy will pick it up" game. He likes staring at the Christmas tree and the ceiling fan. His favorite things to play with are things that make a crinkly sound or his little rubber toy snake - since it is so good to chew on. 
He likes to eat little baby snacks broken in half but just can't quite get them in his mouth yet. He just figured out splashing in the bath and that's a whole new world of fun. He gives kisses and plays peekaboo with me but he's just not ready to sleep through the night yet. I also had to break out the 12 month clothes just to dig out sleepers because he was literally breaking open the snaps in the middle of the night, I guess because he is so big. He doesn't seem that big to me but hey I can argue with a sleeper that has come off the legs... like this:

So I forgot to put my 7 month sticker out during our professional photo shoot but by the time I realized Shane thought I had already put the boy through enough torture and decided to scrap it and just remember this was his time. Luckily, just like his brothers, Warner hammed it up for the camera and gave me some over-the-top pictures. 

Something over there was very interesting (maybe the dog) but you can sure see his hair coming in here.

Big smiles and big blue eyes.

He's starting to fill up the chair a little more eh?
My sister blogs too (although mainly baby updates now because Luke is about as fun as Lincoln is) and  it is almost unbelievable that her baby is going to be One in a few more weeks. This time is so rewarding but so.dog.tiring. that seriously I can't believe our babies are growing so fast. Lincoln is not a baby anymore. He's barely even a toddler still. I can have -almost- adult conversations with Dylan. Ah time slow down!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

We love chicken in our house because it is yummy, very versatile and somewhat affordable. It is also Shane's meat of choice for his "tone and sculpt" plan. (ok so I just love how special he is and really I am not making fun of him)  I generally try to find boneless, skinless chicken for less than $2 a pound. These days it is getting increasingly difficult, even looking into Zycon or Costco so when I found some for $2.30/lb I got all the had... two packages. I frozen one because Shane will BBQ that for lunches on the weekend. With the other package, which I think was about 3.5 pounds or 5/6 breasts, I was able to look on the monthly menu plan and figure out what chicken type dinners I had coming up and chop from there. Since the breasts are usually very thick I slice them in half, like a top and bottom part. Then I either chopped up into bite sized pieces or froze whole. For less than $9 in chicken I made four meals that will serve at least two adults and two children. ...

Belated Christmas Pics

Because I didn't download any pictures for a while, and then it was after Christmas and things got wild for a while I kind of skipped over the actual holiday so several weeks late, here is how we spent our Christmas. I didn't get any pictures when we were over at Shane's family's house but we spent lots of time over there too.  All four kids in one picture together! Warner kind of blends into the tree skirt but his little baldish head stands out. Luckily the matching pajamas I bought for the boys last year still fit too.  Head lamps for spying on Santa. Opening presents was a daunting task for Lincoln. I think this was when he realized asking only for a "princess and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" wasn't the best of ideas. Don't worry he got plenty spoiled. The messy aftermath. Lincoln playing in his new tiny little kitchen. My brother and dad at our house. My mom and brother decorating a giant gingerbread...

Crafty Christmas Inexpensive Gifts

I was going to say cheap gifts... but hopefully the receiver of the gift doesn't think so, so inexpensive to me just means that the person giving would rather spend time on thought rather than money, right? So here are just a few of the things I have been up to lately... Still have a few more ideas to finish but I am getting close and with only 18 days left, it's about time! Iron on transfers. I love them. They are so fun! And I love personalizing things. So my previous experiences haven't been 100% great with transfers but hey I'm not selling my stuff to the public so I think it's ok. I used them to make two tote bags (luckily the receiver of the aunt bag below is not my sister Jackie... so don't get your hopes up!) a super hero cape and a baby gift. If you search printable transfers or iron-ons there are tons of cute ideas everywhere. Next time I buy transfer paper I am getting clear though because the white didn't work as great as I had hoped but sti...